Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hara-Bhara Mirchi

Sometime back I had seen the recipe for this on web but never got a chance to make it, infact I even forgot where I had seen it. I thought of making it with whatever I had in my memory and added ingredients to my taste and based on my gut-filing. Believe me it taste awesome and I think you can make this with any kind of mild pepper.


Ingredients:
Anaheim Peppers - 3
Roasted peanuts - 3/4 cup coarsely crushed
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cummin-Corainder (Dhana Jeeru) powder - 1 tsp
Dry Mango (Amchur) powder OR lime juice - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove all seeds. Mix together crushed peanut, turmeric, cummin-corainder, red chilli, dry mango powder, salt and little oil in a bowl. Fill the mixture in the pepper. Coat outerside of the pepper with little oil. Place peppers in a microwave safe dish and microwave high for 2-3 mins. Heat the oil in flat pan and then place semi cooked peppers in it and cook till the pepper turns light brown.

Hara Bhara Mirchi is now ready to serve.

I am sending this recipe to WYF series is "Salad/Starters/Soups" hosted by Easycrafts.




3 comments:

EC said...

Hot to handle yet tempting...thanks for the entry

Anonymous said...

hi jagruti i love to eat spicy food and this hara bhara mirchi puts more masala in my daily lunch

AJ said...

Hi Jagruti,
These are s tempting,

Apu